Monday 10 December 2007

Next.... !

As soon as I can get my hands on a scanner or a copy shop that can scan artwork A3 0r bigger I'll post Glenn's cover and the firstpage of the John McCrea story. (Actually John McCrea story is at present the only part of this project that is complete. At four page it is aslo the shortest too.)

I'm also getting into that awkward internal mental debate over lettering and colouring.

Lettering is pretty straightforward. I think I want to go oldschool and letter onto the artwork itself. That way I've got control over the finished product for longer. Not that I'd dream of wrecking pages of comics art with my awful scrawl. Just don't want to go digital on the lettering I don't think.

Colouring is the real problem. What is better black and white or colour? Give me a couple of days and you'll see what I mean. This is a real dilemma. I have a real passion and softspot for black and white artwork. But colour is commercial, it sells, and I can't really afford to be precious. Having said that if I self publish its simply gotta be black and white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Self publishing a colour comic isn’t as bad as you might think. There are some quite good print on demand places. I’m sure there are a bunch of colourist that wouldn’t mind having a go at colouring the artist you’ve got lined up. And colour dose look more commercial (not to mention that the Fabry page looks like it’s been left open for colour.)